Dec 19, 2008

1.18 am

i'm watching the holiday (again).. i love this movie.. it's so corny ...and maybe i want corny in my life.

and ..you just have to wait for it but  .. the scene where cameron runs back to jude.. everything is just what its should be.. and jude ...crying ....well. uh i could die !! C-U-T-E!!!

plus then there is this scene.. when iris (kate winslet) breaks down.. truly..words to live by..

"I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said "love is blind". Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space!" 

i can relate. why?..

random snippets from my current bb convo with bestie:

noora: btw i'm wearing the mj shirt again lol 2 days in a row cause i love it soooo much!! 
fatima: i should introduce u to mj
noora: plz do ..and give him my bb pin
fatima i'm sure ull straighten him up

(if only life was that simple) lol and so. marc. i might consider moving on. but maybe just after spring. i need some genius in my life still. ;)

and probably the highlight of all highlights in december..

an email i got from FABULOUS Aljoud. on my birthday. an illustration ala niftee. and i might have seen this a tad late but nevertheless it was a delight. i love it as much as i love your work. always creative. always adorable. merci for making my day. a day that ends with a perfect smile.


sweet dreams lovelies & dont forget to read alkahf tomorrow x

5 comments:

nyxxie said...

yes im in love with my shoes.
i luv the holiday too

Luxurina said...

Great idea..I'm snowed in, so I guess I can watch the Holiday..That was such a great movie..I'm glad you brought it up in your blog.

Anonymous said...

aqoomar all this time we are together u didnt say any thng about ths movie and we have to watch shaqet maser many times i will kill u
no need for names

sadia said...

i thought i was the only one who loved the holiday! it's one of my fave movies!!!!!
<3
i'm a sucker for cheese!

Aljoud said...

awwwh 7abeebty!!!! This is the least I could do - seriously!
I'm super happy that you liked it.. bas knowing that it made your day is just wow!!! lol Didn't see that coming ;)
You deserve to be happy darling.. and Inshallah you'll always be.
love you loads
xxxxx